Monday, April 12, 2010

DEUX:

A FEW DAYS LATER:

Just as 7:00 PM came rolling around, I had just hopped out of the shower. Grabbing the towel off of of the toilet, I wrapped it around myself and headed out into my bedroom and into my closet. After searching through rack after rack of clothes, I decided a tightly-fitting purple strapless dress would fit the occasion. It was the first Saturday I had gotten off of work in nearly a century, and I was looking forward to getting my drank on.

After finishing getting ready, I headed downstairs to where my purse, phone, and shoes were waiting. I picked up my things off of the counter, slid my feet into my gold heels, and just as I was about to hop into my brand new 2010 black Jeep Wrangler, my phone began ringing in my hand. Glancing down at the caller-ID, I immediatley answered. “Hey Brian, I’m about to leave my house.”

“Its about time, you’re a half hour late,” he joked.

“I know, sorry. I got caught up doing some things around the house. But I’m just pulling out of my driveway, so I’ll see you in ten.” I replied.

“K sounds good.”

Soon enough, I found myself walking into the dim lit club, jammed with people. Heading through the maze of bodies, I headed over to the private room in the back for the party I was attending. Opening the door, I was greeted with about fifty familiar faces. “Damn Lex, it’s about time!” One of my best friends, Brian shouted over the blaring music as he made his way through the crowd and over to me, wrapping an arm around my waist and placing a kiss on my cheek.

“Oh shut up, looks like the party was bumpin’ without me, anyways.”

“No party is a party without you, babe.” He said with a wink.

“Aww aren’t you sweet.” I said with a laugh, “happy birthday by the way.” I then handed him an envelope.

“Thanks Lex.”

“No prob, Bri.” I replied.

“You look great by the way,” he commented.

“Aw, look at you, you little sweetheart,” I teased as I placed a kiss on his cheek and made my way through the crowd to get a drink at the bar in the back.

Sitting down, I ordered a Mint Mojito. Soon after, the bartender placed the glass into my hand. I then stood up from the bar and made my way over to the dance floor, which was full of people. I made my way to the middle, dancing with anyone and everyone. Wasted by Gucci Mane came on, I soon found myself re-uniting with Brian once again. We began grinding on eachother, my back to his front. Before the song ended, I noticed my glass was empty and decided I needed to fix that problem ASAP. “Bri, I need a drink, I’m gonna head to the bar, alright?”

“K babe, just find me later,” he slurred while slapping my ass.

I let out a laugh and rolled my eyes, “Alright.”

As soon as I sat down, the bartender came over to me. “Another Mojito for you, miss?”

“Um, actually I’ll just take a Bud Lite for right now, thank you though.”

“No problem,” he replied with a smile.

“Actually, can you make that two? Just add it to my tab.” I heard a somewhat unfamilliar voice order from behind me.

I turned around and noticed that the Cute One was standing behind me.

“Will do,” the bartender replied and placed two glasses on the table.

“Well that was awfully sweet coming from the one who just told me not too long ago that they were too young to buy drinks.” I said.

“Well, I am… but see, I’m pretty tight with the owner’s here… they basically love me.” He replied confidently.

“Well then, arent you a hero around here.” I replied with a laugh. “How old are you anyways?”

“You could say that…” he replied with a smirk. “And I’m nineteen by the way,” he added with a slight blush.

“Haha, oh I remember those years.” I said with a laugh.

“How old are you?” he asked.

“Just turned twenty-one two weeks ago.” I replied confidiently, “and thanks for the beer, Mr. Charmer, but I think I’m going to head back out to the dance floor.”

“Maybe I should join you…” he suggested.

“Hmm… maybe.”

“I’m John, by the way.”

“I’m Alexandra.”

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Finally there is a John Tavares blog! Keep it going! Please!

    ReplyDelete